The central observance of rosh hashanah is the sounding of the shofar the rams horn on both days of the holiday except if the first day is shabbat in which case we blow the shofar only on the second day the first 30 blasts of the shofar are blown following the torah reading during morning services and as many as 70 additional are blown during and immediately after the musaf . Rosh hashanah yom teruah the day of sounding the shofar rabbi jim appel on amazoncom free shipping on qualifying offers the scriptures command us to celebrate the holiday traditionally called rosh hashanah or the feast of trumpets. In the torah rosh hashanah is also referred to as yom teruah the day of the sounding of shofar and yom zikaron teruah the day of remembering the sounding of the sofar in prayer rosh hashanah is also called yom hazikaron the day of memorial and yom hadin the day of judgement
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like (Personal use)
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join with over 1.000.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What are you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.